Sunday, February 28, 2010

Today was a coaching day for me so I walked 7 miles with the Capital City 1/2 Marathon team. The path is still snow and ice covered so it felt much longer than 7 miles! I redeemed myself on Thursday morning at our first weekday swim practice (5:15 wake up call and in the pool by 6 am!!). I timed myself at another 100 yards and made it without choking and my time was 1 minute, 30 seconds. I also did a timed mile running this week and did that in 10 minutes, 57 seconds. I can now run 2.5 miles without stopping, which is further than I've ever run! Despite all the training successes this past week, I do have a heavy heart. One of our honored patients relapsed in January and is now in a coma. He has been in ICU at Nationwide Children's Hospital where he and his family are fighting for his life. They can use your thoughts and prayers right now. They have a fan page on Facebook called "Praying For Seth Jenkins" and I encourage you to become a fan and post your status as Wake Up, Seth with a link to the page. Seth's parents have also been keeping an online journal to follow Seth's battle. Feel free to visit: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sethjenkins/journal

No comments:

Post a Comment