Wednesday, July 2, 2014

5, 15, 5, 0 and a broken butt

Training has been all over the place.  I'm on the slow road back to training after taking 4 months off but I'm struggling to find consistency.  I've had  5 mile weeks, a wonderful 15 mile week, then a random 5 miler then a 0 mile week.  Sigh.  I've done a workout video sporadically, which I enjoyed but can't seem to make it a habit just yet.

Despite becoming an unexpected stay at home mom at the end of the year, the first 4 months of the year, I was more of a "stay at the hospital" or "stay at Ronald McDonald House"  mom.  So once we came home, I had to learn how to stay at home.  It sounds simple but as any stay at home probably knows, it's not.  Even more so when being a SAHM was never part of the plan.  Especially when your new co-worker relies on you for every little thing AND is considered "medically complex."  So with learning our new normal, and playing catch up on everything we dropped when Megatron got sick, I've struggled to get back into a workout routine.

And I hate it.  I know I can do it and I will do it, it's just hard.  I've always hated summer training so that's not helping much.  Another thing that's not helping?  I seem to have an in identified injury.  I think I broke my butt.  Seriously.  My tail bone hurts.  A lot.  It has since my first workout since I came home in April.  It doesn't hurt while I walk or run, just while I sit and then it gets worse as I stand up. WTF?  I stopped running and just stuck with walking thinking that might help.  Nope, it's continuing to get worse.  Normally I'm not one to avoid the doctor but with all of Megatron's medical appointments and The Pilot's schedule, it's hard to find time.  But I'm also afraid he will suggest physical therapy, which I really don't know how I will schedule.  But I'm now wincing every time I get out of a chair so I finally made an appointment. It's not for another two weeks though.

In the meantime, I'll just keep trying to get back into the swing of things so I can get my body back, find energy (it's been lost in this mess also) and try to reclaim a piece of my former life.  Plus, the Dash for Donation 5k is in 10 days!  We have a team of 56 people racing to support organ donation and our little miracle baby!  Even with a broken butt, I'll be pushing Megatron in that race!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment