Wednesday, July 7, 2010

It's taper week! But that also means that the race is only 4 days away and I'm a ball of nerves. I keep telling myself that this is how I felt right before I did my first 1/2 marathon and especially right before I did my first full marathon but that doesn't seem to give me much comfort! Even though I know that I can do it even if everything goes wrong on race day, I'll figure it out and get to the finish line somehow, it doesn't make it any less scary! I'm not even sure what I'm most afraid of! I'm sscared for the swim but I'm also worried about being on my own for the bike and run. I'm pretty slow and there is a good chance that I'll be among the slowest competitors but since running is still not easy for me, I rely on having people running near me to keep me going. Luckily my coach and teammates will be around (probably finished!) as well as lots of family and friends so I know they will all be cheering me on from the sidelines. I am doing one last open water swim tonight and will probably go for a bike ride on Thursday or Friday. Unfortunately we are having record highs in the 90s right now so training outside is absolutely miserable. It is supposed to storm on Friday so hopefully that will bring the temperatures down. If it is 70 and overcast on Sunday morning, I will be a happy triathlete!! THANK YOU to everyone that has donated and supported me throughout my fundraising and training! It means so much and it has definitely kept me going over the last 5+ months of training!

No comments:

Post a Comment