Friday, June 25, 2010

Just over 2 weeks until the race! The original race would have been this weekend and part of me wishes it was this weekend! I'm ready to tackle this thing! It's been 6 months of non-stop training which is longer than I've trained for any other race. I'm in the best shape I've been in and I know that I'm more mentally tough so I know this race has been great preparation for my next challenge...the 2011 Goofy Challenge at Walt Disney World. What better way to celebrate my 30th birthday than to do a 1/2 marathon on January 8 and a full marathon on January 9?? Anyways, this week has been SO hot! We had a brick workout on Sunday and I rode 23 miles and sucked down all of my water. After climbing some of the most ridiculous hills in Central Ohio, we were supposed to run hill repeats. My team made it up the hill once and then called it quits. It was just too hot. I even had to run on the treadmill at the gym this week because of the heat. We have a mock triathlon tomorrow morning so we can practice entering and exiting the water and setting up our transition areas. It should be interesting! There is only one more 6 am swim practice....and I'm certainly not going to miss those....and then it's taper week! The week before the race is about resting and keeping muscles loose. That might be the best part of any training program!!

No comments:

Post a Comment