Saturday, October 1, 2011

Smashed

I realize this is old news but I'm a little behind in my bloggy action. Patrick Makau of Kenya smashed the marathon world record last week at the Berlin Marathon. 2:03:38. I can't even image racing a HALF MARATHON that fast. This dude averaged a 4:43 per mile pace for 26.2 MILES. I cannot seem to wrap my head around that....even during speed work my pace never sees a 4:43 pace...not even for 100 meters.

Sometimes people wonder why you would enter a race if you know there is no way you are going to win. Obviously if I can't run a 1/2 marathon in the time this dude ran a full, I'm never going to win a race. But I'm not out to win. I'm out there to have fun, push myself to MY limits and to make sure my a$$ doesn't get any larger.

No comments:

Post a Comment