Friday, December 28, 2012

Multiple Personality Playlist

I've been whining about my playlists this entire training season.  As in I basically listen to the same playlist each week because I don't have much new music and it seems like the thousands of songs I already own aren't suitable for running or race walking.  Here is a random sample of what I've been listening during my long workouts (whenever I'm not with someone):

U2 - Where the Streets Have No Name (This was a new addition last weekend after I heard it during a movie and remembered I love the song and it has a steady rhythm which is great for running (once you get past the first few seconds.)
Pearl Jam - Given to Fly (While this isn't my favorite PJ song, this is in my top 10 for sure)
Calvin Harris - Let's Go (Thank you Fitnessista for this suggestion!)
David Guetta & Usher - Without You (I've had a soft spot for Usher ever since I was 16)
Nero - Promises (Thank you random fitness web site for the suggestion)
Ellie Goulding - Lights (Catchy)
30 Seconds to Mars-The Kill (Somewhere inside is still an angst-y teenage girl with a crush on Jordan Catalano.  Who's with me?!)
Matt & Kim- Don't Slow Down (Even if I'm scheduled for a walk break, I must.keep.running. Plus, these two are AMAZING!)
Usher - OMG (Oh that Usher....)
Lady Antebellum - I Run to You (I'm RUNNING!!)
Ray LaMontagne - You Are the Best Thing (This seems to always come on smack in the middle of my mileage-no matter the distance.  And I smile like a fool because it reminds me of me and The Pilot's wedding day.  He really is the best thing.)
Mumford & Sons - Babel  (Love them!)
Guster - Fall In Two  (I went to a liberal arts college. I have some hippie tendencies.)
Alicia Keys - Doesn't Mean Anything (You go girl!)
Muse - Starlight (Reminds me of when The Pilot and I were dating.  That is all.)

So if you can't tell, I am a white girl with a slight ghetto streak, with a bit of folk hippie thrown in the mix.  But sometimes a girl's gotta rock out.  And ultimately it comes down to the fact that Pearl Jam is the greatest band on earth and whatever keeps me moving forward has a pretty good chance of ending up on my eclectic playlist.

1 comment:

  1. You know I agree with you on the Pearl Jam statement. :-) And I'm going to steal some of these other songs - I need variety while I train for my first ever half marathon in May!

    ReplyDelete