Monday, February 2, 2015

2,015 in 2015

If all my friends jumped off a bridge, I might also.  Not really.  Well, maybe.  On New Year's Eve, this 2,015 miles in 2015 Challenge started popping up on my Facebook feed.  The challenge was to run or walk 2,015 miles in 2015.  You could do it on your own or with a team.  Sounded intriguing and a way to keep motivated even when I'm not training for a race.  And with Megatron in the mix, its just harder to race as often as I did before. 

So at least a dozen or so friends were all up the the challenge so we broke off into smaller teams.  I am on a team with two other lovely ladies and we each plan to cover at least 672 miles.  I've never tracked my mileage before.  I make training schedules for races, stick to it and that's it.  Everything else is just for fun.  It's funny that I've been doing this for 10 years and have never once tracked my mileage.  Anyways, its roughly 2 miles a day.  And certainly I can reach that given that most of my workouts are 4 miles or more, right?? Yeeeah.

We are one month in and I'm realizing this is definitely a challenge! Haha.  Some weeks are tricky because I'm on my own a lot with Megatron and now that there is snow on the ground, I can't get outside with him in the stroller.  I've put in quite a few treadmill miles recently.  And I HATE the treadmill.  And some weeks, like last week, Megatron had three medical appointments in three days.  And for some reason, they are exhausting for both of us so by the time he goes to bed for the night, the last thing I want to do is get on the treadmill.

But, I made a commitment to my team so it will happen!  My total mileage for January was 54 miles.  And given that The Pilot was away for about 25 of the 31 days in January, I was happy with those 54 miles, even though I fell 2 miles short of my monthly goal.  I'm not too worried since I'm training for a May half marathon and my mileage will start going up weekly starting this week.


My coach is a bit of a slacker but he's also very tolerant.  He napped through a very chilly 5 miler recently.  I'm so glad I invested in the weather shield for the BOB because it keeps the wind off and when he's bundled up, it's nice and toasty in there. Give him a sippy with his hypoallergenic formula and a snack up with allergen free "cheerios" and he's a happy boy.

1 comment:

  1. You are just awesome!!! Good for you and your 56 miles :)

    ReplyDelete