Monday, April 18, 2011

12 and some change

After being crazy busy and a little burnt out at work and on the home front and training front, I'm slowly getting back into something that sort of looks like a triathlon training schedule. I headed out with my TNT peeps a couple days ago and got in somewhere between 4 and 5 miles. I did run the last mile and a half (or something like that). It's been A LOOOONG time since I've run more than 20 feet. I'm always amazed at how quickly you can LOSE fitness. I was a little out of breath but that was more because of allergies but I was a little surprised at how much my legs were sore the next day. Ugh.

Saturday morning was another TNT group practice. I don't usually coach on Saturdays but last weekend I was supposed to be in DC and had the wonderful walk trainer, Marcia, switch weekends with me and she covered practice for me. So that meant that I was leading the Saturday practice.

Check out that flag flying straight!
Despite the threatening weather, we had a great turnout! GO TEAM!

Thanks, David, for letting me steal borrow the photo!

The radar looked like a hot mess....except it was cold. And rainy. And windy. Perfect for some marathon training! Most of our participants are tapering now so the miles weren't too high. Which is good because the wind/rain just picked up as the morning went on. I did 6 miles with some wonderful alumni that are coming back for more Cap City 1/2 Marathon love. I then did about 3 miles with another alumni who is doing both the Cap City 1/2 in May AND the San Diego Rock 'n' Roll 1/2 Marathon in June. I'll be the traveling coach for that event and I'm looking forward to it because I've never been to San Diego...or to a Rock 'n' Roll marathon.

So, I got in about 12 miles in the past couple days. Now I just need the weather to cooperate so I can get back out on the bike. And then there are those pesky 6 am swim practices on Thursdays...I think I need to have The Pilot bid for trips so that he is always home on Thursdays to push me out of bed. I'll keep trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment