Wednesday, May 19, 2010

I am absolutely overwhelmed right now! Thanks to a post on Facebook yesterday stating that I only had $173 left to reach my fundraising goal, 3 amazing TNT alumni stepped up and pushed me right over my goal! Even though I've been involved with TNT for 6 years now, I continue to be amazed by the amount of support I receive for my personal adventures and for this amazing cause. We are getting so much closer to a cure because of the research made possible by the money raised. We had our Fall season kick-off party last night to welcome the new participants that will be training for the Columbus Marathon, the Nike Women's Marathon (in San Fran.) and the Nation's Triathlon (in DC). One of our honored patients, Leslie Taylor, who is a walk program alumni, spoke about her journey with ALL and her TNT experience. When the training gets tough and I'm exhausted, I have to take a step back and remember the bigger picture. I do this for people like Leslie who is here with us today, living with cancer and she is able to complete marathons. Thank you so much for all of your support. It means the world to me to have so many people in my life that care so much about me to go with me on this crazy journey and support me no matter what. There are less than 6 weeks until race day so be sure to stop back for the training updates and for information about the race!

No comments:

Post a Comment