Monday, May 10, 2010

All of our TNT participants finished the Cap City 1/2 marathon last weekend! It started to rain about 20 minutes into the race....and then rained until our last walkers were finishing. Luckily it wasn't too cold so 4 hours and 13+ miles in the rain wasn't as bad as it could have been. My training schedule has been a little out of whack because of my work schedule but I'm back on track. I RAN my first 4 mile race on Saturday so that was a huge accomplishment. I've never tried to run a race before so that was exciting. I also did it just a few hours after finishing a huge event at work and about 24 hours after having a table collapse on my legs (long story!). I finished in 45:44. I'm still battling the wind. It seems like the wind picks up every weekend when I'm supposed to do a longer ride! My legs were still tired from work and the race but I was able to finish my brick workout on Sunday. I rode 14 miles (it took an hour because of the dang wind!) and then jumped off the bike, pulled on my running shoes and heading out for a 3 mile run. I got about 15 minutes out and had to take a minute walk break but I was able to run the rest of the way home. Only 7 weeks until the race!!

No comments:

Post a Comment