Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The Cap City 1/2 marathon is this weekend so Team in Training is gearing up for that. I will be coaching my walkers in that race so I won't be able to train with my triathlon team that day. I'm hoping the weather cooperates so I can get in my 35 mile ride on Sunday instead. We'll see how my legs feel after the 1/2 marathon also!! I've had to get a little creative with my training schedule lately because of work and coaching but I'm still plugging along! I ran 5 miles for the first time EVER on Friday at the gym (darn rain!) and then ran 4 miles on Saturday. By the time I walked 6 miles with the Cap City team on Sunday, I was more than ready for my scheduled rest day on Monday! I was back in the pool last night though and swam a whole mile! (32 laps or 64 lengths of the pool!!) That was reassuring but I continue to be pretty slow on the bike. I made it 16 miles in about an hour tonight. Slow and steady will have to be my motto for this race! I'm guestimating that whole race will take 3.5-3.75 hours. Maybe I should think about how "easy" that will seem compared to my marathon PR of 6:46....

No comments:

Post a Comment