Thursday, April 1, 2010

I think I've gone off the deep end! I finished my third workout in 24 hours. The weather has been beautiful so I have felt like I have to take advantage of it in case it doesn't last! Last night after work I finally got my bike of the trainer in the basement and went for a 16 miles ride. I couldn't believe how much more power I have now after riding all winter on the trainer and 6 weeks of spinning classes. This morning was another 6 am swim practice with the triathlon team. Some of the drills are really hard and I sometimes feel like I just want to climb out of the pool and go back to bed. But I made it 1200 yards (which is 48 lengths of the pool) and somehow managed to keep my energy up all day (with the exception of 2-3 pm which is when I drag on normal days). The marathon teams are now meeting during the week on Tuesdays and Thursdays and the weather was so nice that I decided to join them! I ran with the team for 2.5 miles (with some cheerleading from some wonderful alumni to get through the last .5 mi when my legs felt like concrete blocks). That is EXACTLY why I do this with a TEAM because they keep me going when I don't think I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment