Tuesday, April 20, 2010

It was another tough training week! On Saturday the Team went on a 30 mile bike ride in 25mph+ winds! It is the furthest I've ever gone on a bike and with the wind, there were times I didn't think I'd make it back to the car! I was pedaling but not covering a lot of ground. My legs were extremely tired the rest of the day but I had to do a track workout on Sunday! I wasn't coaching so I was able to join my teammates for my first track workout which consisted of a timed mile (10:24) and several drills. I was surprised that I was able to run 400 (1 lap around the track) in 2:12! That would be under a 9 minute mile! I certainly can't run that fast for a whole mile yet but it did make me realize that I'm not the slowest runner known to man and I do have more than one pace. I'm getting super close to my fundraising goal! Thank you so much for your support. It really means a lot to me and it makes a difference. If you are interested in Team in Training, let me know! We are getting ready to start recruitment for the Columbus Marathon, Nike Women's Marathon in San Francisco and the Nations Triathlon in DC.

No comments:

Post a Comment