Monday, April 12, 2010

I've been slacking in my training updates but I certainly haven't been slacking in the actual training. We are now working out 6 days a week (Monday is the rest day!! I'm beginning to LOVE Mondays!). The intensity really picked up this week. Our group swim practices are now lasting a full hour and I ran 4 miles on Friday! That is the furthest I've EVER run before so that was exciting (and slightly painful). I can racewalk 26.2 miles in a marathon but running 4 miles was monumental! Saturday was the hardest workout though! We had our first brick workout as a team. A brick is doing 2 sports back to back (swim-bike or bike-run). I started the workout by falling off my bike. Graceful as always. I was still in the parking lot talking with a teammate with one foot on the ground and the other foot clipped into my pedal. I somehow lost my balance and tipped over to the side with my foot clipped in and couldn't get out fast enough. Once I dusted myself off and fixed the bike, I rode 18 miles! That is the furthest I've been since last summer. Immediately following the ride, I put the bike in the car and headed out for a 3 mile run. After hopping off the bike, your quads feel like concrete and running is REALLY hard. I made it a mile and a half before needing a walk/water break but then ran the whole way back! YEAY! I coached the Cap City 1/2 Marathon team yesterday. I was pretty sore but still managed to walk 3 miles out with our fastest walker (a few years ago I couldn't keep up with this person for even a few yards but I can now hang close for about 3 miles!!) and then I ran 3 miles back and waited for the rest of the team to finish 10 miles. It is their last "long" workout before the 1/2 marathon! Now they begin to taper and rest for their big race. Coaching while balancing my tri training has been a bit of a challenge but my walkers always provide lots of inspiration and support. I'm getting so close to my fundraising goal also! I'm less than $600 from my goal! Please feel free to pass along my website to your friends and family!!

No comments:

Post a Comment