Monday, October 25, 2010

"National Married-to-a-Runner Appreciation Day"

So I'm a slacker and haven't had a chance to post any training updates lately or a recap from the Nike Women's Marathon last weekend but I promise those posts are coming soon!

I did want to take a minute to celebrate "National Married-to-a-Runner Appreciation Day." I am in love with one of the Runner's World blogs and this blogger wanted to celebrate all of the times he has to leave his wife and new baby. Of course it isn't an official holiday, but it should be! While I don't have a spouse, I loved the article because all marathoners know that it just can't be done without a good support system in place. As I head into one of my toughest training seasons ever, I am already struggling with balancing my time between training, my wonderful boyfriend (aka The Pilot), my family, my friends and just life in general. It's a challenge but knowing that all of these people support me and want me to succeed makes it a little easier to spend so much time out on the road and in the gym. So THANK YOU to all of you that, while you call me "Goofy," you are still kind and understanding when I have to go to bed early on Friday and Saturday nights because I have not one but TWO long distance trainings or when I have to turn down Graeter's ice cream because I want to be down at least 10 pounds by race weekend (sorry Lisa D.!). Thank you for loving me when I'm burnt out and have taper madness (wait for that the last week of December). I'm going to thank The Pilot over and over because he is the one who is going to have to deal with my pre-race jitters two days in a row...and at 3:00 am both days. I think there should be a medal at the finish line for the Goofy Challenge spectators as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment