Wednesday, January 25, 2012

11 things

Is this the blog equivalent of a chain letter? Does anyone remember those? Anyways, this has been floating around the blog world for a couple days and I was tagged and who am I to break the chain? Thank you, Jana from Running Vegetarian for the tag! These things amuse me so here it goes!

The Rules:
  1. Post these rules
  2. You must post 11 random things about yourself
  3. Answer the questions set for you in their post
  4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer
  5. Go to their blog and tell them you've tagged them
  6. No stuff in the tagging section about you are tagged if you are reading this. You legitimately have to tag 11 people!
Eleven Random Things about me:
  1. I'm afraid of fish. It's irrational, I know.
  2. I want to kick the people who don't wipe down their treadmills at the gym when they are done.
  3. I organize the clothes in my closet by color and clothing type. ROYGBIV, pants, tops, hoodies.
  4. I have an entire dresser full of workout clothes.
  5. I hate tomatoes but will eat ketchup, salsa, tomato sauce, etc.
  6. I'm allergic to cats but I've lived with cats since I was 6.
  7. I am not an early bird or a night owl. I prefer the afternoon. I go to bed early and would prefer to sleep in later than I do but if I had to chose, I'd rather get up earlier than stay up late.
  8. My favorite food used to be hot dogs but now I think it would be Luna Burgers....or maybe Hershey bars but that doesn't go with the whole fitness theme of this blog.
  9. I am a list maker. I always have at least one list going at all times. There is so much satisfaction in crossing things off a list.
  10. I love sticky notes. See #9.
  11. I may or may not have adult onset ADD.....ooohhhh shiney.
Jana's Questions for Me:
  1. Were you ever grounded as a child? If so what did you do? I honestly can't remember being grounded. I was a rule follower for the most part. Boring.
  2. When you hang a roll of toilet paper does the TP go over or under? Over! Absolutely. It drives me bonkers at work when someone puts it under.
  3. Is it Soda or Pop? or Soda Pop? I'm from the Midwest so I call it pop.
  4. What is your biggest pet peeve? Hmmm....probably people that aren't organized. Or people that constantly make excuses. Or people that interrupt. Maybe it's just one of the days where I'm not so into people in general! Ooops.
  5. Who is your idol or who do you look up to? Why? I could go with the standard "mom" or "my parents" but that isn't as much fun (though I absolutely do look up to them!). So I'm going with Walt Disney. It may seem strange but you really can learn a lot from him. He had a lot of tenacity, when people told him no or that something he couldn't be done, he'd laugh and press on. He was a visionary and wasn't afraid to think out of the box and dream big. He was never content and was always trying to improve. He had high expectations of those around him but then gave those around him the tools and opportunities to meet and exceed his expectations. All good qualities to strive for if you ask me.
  6. What is the last dream you remember? I know I had a nightmare last night but I can't remember anything other than waking up freaked out. I rarely remember my dreams.
  7. Out of all the places you've been while on vacation what has been your favorite and why? My family used to take a houseboat trip to Lake Cumberland every year and I have some of my favorite memories from those trips. Then there was the best vacation ever last year.
  8. What was the last movie you watched in the theater? Breaking Dawn....yes, I realize that I am not a teenage girl but I can't help it. The movies are so bad that they are good.
  9. What is the last song you listened to or remember listening to? I've been listening to the radio all day but unless it's a great song, it sort of becomes white noise. I did recently have a moment when Temper Trap's Sweet Disposition came on the radio. It takes me back to our wedding day as we made our entrance to the reception to this song and it is featured in our wedding video.
  10. What is one chore you hate doing? I really dislike the laundry but I hate cooking even more.
  11. What one food that you could not live without? That's a hard one. I love cheese....and chocolate. Not together.
For those I'm tagging:
  1. If you could have dinner with any one person (dead or alive), who would it be?
  2. What/who is your favorite band/musician?
  3. What is your favorite thing about being a "grown up?"
  4. What is your least favorite thing about being a "grown up?"
  5. Describe your best friend(s).
  6. Early bird or night owl?
  7. Do you have a secret talent or just a talent that is unique?
  8. What is your favorite holiday?
  9. Have any tattoos?
  10. Why did you start blogging?
  11. What is your favorite meal?
I'm Tagging:
Brittney
Christine
Joanna
Katie
Kara
Laine
Marcia
Michael
Rose
Run Blondie 26
The Almost Runner

4 comments:

  1. I'm going to answer your questions in the comments, so you get my answers, since I can't promise I'll do this post any time soon:

    # If you could have dinner with any one person (dead or alive), who would it be?

    Jasper Fforde. He's my favorite author. And he has a Welsh accent. I would love to pick his brain about his characters, about what is coming next. Plus, he's hilarious in person.

    # What/who is your favorite band/musician?

    Hands down, Led Zeppelin.

    # What is your favorite thing about being a "grown up?"

    My husband and I had a day last year were we were lying around the house lamenting the fact that we had to make dinner. All I wanted for dinner was frozen taquitos, and all he wanted was ice cream. Then, it dawned on us. We were grown ass people. We could have whatever we wanted for dinner. So, we drove to the grocery store and bought taquitos and ice cream and ate it for dinner.

    # What is your least favorite thing about being a "grown up?"

    I need more sleep now that ever before. In high school I used to stay up all night with my friends (sneaking out), wandering town and acting stupid, then sneak back in, get dressed, and go to school the next day. I'd do this at least twice and week and I'd be fine. Now my body freaks out if I get fewer than 7 hours of sleep.

    # Describe your best friend(s).

    My childhood best friend, Sonja, is someone I don't have any memories of not knowing. Our older brothers were friends, so we were plopped next to each other in diapers, and have been best friends ever since. She was the only one, all through school, who I didn't mind being smarter than I was. She excelled at science and math. I was more a liberal studies type girl. We were in plays together. We were the top two people in our graduating class. Whenever we see each other now, it's like no time has passed. We slip back in to being perfectly comfortable with each other.

    # Early bird or night owl?

    Neither? I used to be great at staying up late. And then I got a job that needed me at work at 7am. So I became a morning bird. But then I got a different job. And now I can't stay up late, and suck at getting up early. Worst of both worlds.

    # Do you have a secret talent or just a talent that is unique?

    Not that I've discovered. Yet. I have a (lame, probably false) theory that everyone is instantly good at SOMETHING. For a long time I had hopes that my "thing" was mini golf. I don't know why. Mostly because I'd never played. But then I did play, and my skills were "meh," so there goes that theory.

    # What is your favorite holiday?

    Halloween!

    # Have any tattoos?

    I have a crow on my right ankle. Teenage rebellion.

    # Why did you start blogging?

    I had just ran my first marathon and my friends were sick of hearing about it, so I decided to tell the internet instead.

    # What is your favorite meal?

    My mom's chicken soup with dumplings, followed by her blackberry cobbler. Drool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's ok to be afraid of fish. I'm afraid of birds. :)

    Thanks for tagging me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to answer here. Chain letters die when they reach me.


    dinner (dead or alive)?
    my grandma who died a couple years ago

    band/musician?
    Jack Johnson

    fav grown up thing?
    being able to do whatever i want

    least fav grown up thing?
    having to pay bills

    Describe your best friend(s).
    it's like we have never been away from each other no matter how long it's been

    Early bird or night owl?
    night owl

    secret talent?
    making stuff from scratch: cheese, yogurt, deodorant, dish soap, laundry soap, cleaning liquids, shampoo, conditioner

    What is your favorite holiday?
    christmas (runner up halloween)

    Have any tattoos?
    just one. a flower on my hip.

    Why did you start blogging?
    to keep family in the loop on my life

    What is your favorite meal?
    all kinds of pizza - traditional and gourmet, cold and hot, thick and thin crust

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here are my recipes :)


    Shampoo (once every five days)
    put couple of tablespoons of baking soda in a dish
    mix with enough water to form a soft paste
    apply the baking soda paste to your wet scalp
    Leave for a few minutes, massage more, then rinse.

    Conditioner (every shower)
    1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar
    3/4 cup of water
    Apply only to the hair shaft — especially the ends.
    Rinse but leave most of it to condition the hair
    If you have dry hair might add 1 tbsp honey, which is a natural emollient, to moisturise the scalp.

    All Purpose Cleaner
    1 Teaspoon Borax
    2 Tablespoons Vinegar
    Mix well – till Borax is dissolved –
    Add 1 cup warm water
    Carefully pour into your spray bottle
    Add enough water till you almost reach 16 oz

    Soft Scrub
    3 parts baking soda
    1 part water

    Window Cleaner
    1 part vinegar
    1 part water


    Shower Sprayer
    Vinegar

    Fabric Softener
    1/2 cup vinegar in rinse cycle

    Orajel
    Clove Oil diluted in olive oil

    Cold Medicine
    teaspoon of honey (raw is best)
    1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
    Take twice a day for 3 days

    Deodorant
    2 tbsp coconut oil
    1/2 cup baking soda
    1/2 cup corn starch

    ReplyDelete