I say it was 20, she says it was 23 but either way, it was darn cold. I certainly wasn't overdressed this time around. In honor of my last pre-race run, we had Lisa's hubby take our picture. We sort of look like two women who are about to rob a bank but say please and thank you while we do so. I swear I am not with child....I'm wearing 3 shirts under that rain coat!
Our 4 mile run included some pretty random discussions once we got past the discussion of the actual air temperature. Topics included:
- Breakfast with the Fab 5
- Dinner with the Princesses....Lisa has promised to not shout obscenities at Snow White
- Firm Muffins
- Body parts that stay cold longer despite taking a shower after a long run in cold weather
- Lots of whining (from me of course)
- Lots of motivational pep talks (from Lisa of course)
- Threats of shoving into a ditch (me to her, I wasn't buying anymore of her motivation)
- Being attacked by a dryer vent
- Being attacked by a carrot peeler
- Crying in bathrooms (not necessarily related to the sauerkraut)
- Running off into the sunset together and wondering if our husbands would miss us
Updated (12/4 at 7:00 pm): I sorta forgot to type the end of this post.....
Despite all the chatting going on last night, the 4 miler was done right at race pace!! Thank you, Lisa, for making me laugh and dragging me through countless miles during this training season. You're the bestest!