Friday, January 18, 2013

Nuts Are Tasty.

So I didn't fall off the face of the Earth.  I've done stuff.

1.  I survived the holidays. 

2.  I turned 32 (I think I'm going to start counting backwards next year.  31 anyone?).  And got a birthday card from one of my best friends...and this was on the back of the card.  32 doesn't mean grown up does it?
 
3.  I dragged my lame self through 13.1 miles of Walt Disney World. 

I'm working on my full race recap but I will say that I finished.  I'll also add that despite that being my ninth 1/2 marathon, it was one of my most challenging.  Never mind the fact that I churned out some near PR times during training.  My body and the weather had other plans.  And that's ok.  I survived and had a little fun in the process.  Nothing wrong with that!

4.  I spectated the full marathon of the Goofy Challenge....and thanked my lucky stars I didn't get talked into that!  Two years later, I still have NO desire to do that again.  I nearly jumped out of my skin with excitement though when I saw my running buddies looking like super heroes at mile 23.  They are machines.

So that's the last couple weeks in a nutshell.  Because nuts are tasty. 

2 comments:

  1. I want to start counting backwards before I hit 30... I don't wanna grow up. ;)

    Sometimes I want to run a marathon, and then other times I think no way. Glad you finished! Do runners wear capes and costumes for the Goofy Challenge? That's crazy.... but cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did the 1/2?? Wasn't it super hot?!! Congrats! I just got back from doing the Tinkerbell run and a lot of the people had just come from disneyworld and said it was miserble. I'm hoping the weather is better next month for the princess. Congrats on finishing!!

    ReplyDelete