Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Three Years of Making Faces and Making Up Words

Last year I shared about the creeper and the first date and how The Pilot and I have been reenacting our first date each year.  We recently celebrated three years since that first nervous meeting.  We headed back to the same restaurant, unsure what we would find since last year it was a completely different restaurant.  It was the same restaurant this year...kind of.  Instead of ordering like you would in a Chipotle like last year, we were actually seated and someone took our order.  There were some decor changes but the menu seemed the same or at least pretty similar.


I got some kind of vegetable stir fry with their fried tofu.  It was really good....but that was way too much food.  The Pilot ended up taking my leftovers to work with him.  I haven't gotten a report on how it tasted a couple days later.

I'm not sure what The Pilot got but unlike me, he was in the clean plater club so whatever it was, it must have been good.  I think I'm going to start calling him food dumpster.  That boy can put away some food.  And as long as I'm eating vegetarian, he usually finishes off my plate too.  Damn him and his high metabolism!
Look at me being a stereotypical blogger posting pictures of our food!  Moving on...

So that was our third annual reenactment of our first date.  It still blows my mind how much has happened in such a short amount of time but at the same time, it feels like I've always known him.  Obviously I remember a time without him but with each year I spend with The Pilot, more and more of that baggage from that past life is left behind. We are settling into married life and enjoying our new house and all the projects that we are still working on (we have new kitchen counters sitting on the floor of our living room...who wants to install them?!).  We still make random funny faces at each other and the other day we decided that we have unknowingly created our own language.  "Violence," "success" and some other random words have entirely new meanings and if we shared those meanings with normal people, we might get sent away.  But we amuse each other and that's what matters.

2 comments:

  1. That food looks pretty good. I don't think I have one of those restaurants near where I live. Second dish down looks downright yummy. Is that rice?

    I know what you mean about developing your own language. I've been married for 13 years now and we still act like fools. Nothing much changes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The second dish is the "Bangkok Fried Rice"(Fried rice with sweet chili, tofu, and vegetables), and for the record, Amber's "Vegetable medley stir fried" was just as good three days later after having been carried around for two of the three in cooler bag.

    ReplyDelete