Friday, February 24, 2012

I'm so obnoxious....but for a good reason

I already mentioned I am training for my 6th event with the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Team in Training. I've been sharing my training adventures and will do so for the next couple of months as I prepare for my next triathlon. But I haven't mentioned much about my fundraising since then.

Each Friday for the past several weeks, I have obnoxiously hounded my friends via Facebook . I call it $5 Fridays. If all of my FB friends donate just $5, I will exceed my fundraising goal! $5! That's skipping that fancy coffee or a trip to a fast food restaurant (both of which are probably not so great for you). Or don't skip anything at all. Dig up $5 from your couch cushions or from your car seats. There aren't too many people out there that don't have $5 to give to a great organization.

Since I started raising money for TNT back in 2004, I am a firm believer in donating as much money as you are comfortable with to organizations which you believe in. I support several other organizations (mostly through friends) but the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society(LLS) and the local Humane Society are my real passions. I believe in their missions and I believe that my donations, however small they are, really make a difference.

I have SEEN the difference especially with LLS. I have watched the cure rates increase over the last 8 years. I have seen the impact the financial assistance programs have had on families dealing with a cancer diagnosis. I have watched families get their lives back once they hear that word "remission."

So I am declaring today $5 Friday in the bloggy world. Whether you donate to my fundraising goals for LLS or to another organization you believe in, I encourage you to donate just $5. I promise you won't miss that money and someone else will appreciate the money more than you could possibly know.

If you do want to donate to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, you can donate HERE.

End shameless plug. ;) Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment