Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Week 31


Week 31

How far along? 31 weeks
Maternity clothes?  Funny story about the top I'm wearing in the photo above.  It's actually a dress.  A dress I wore on our honeymoon.  I will say that it was a little on the short side then and I only ever wore it on our honeymoon.  Something about being at a beach resort on our honeymoon that made me feel more appropriate wearing such a short dress.  And now?  Not so appropriate unless I wear pants.  It's just now starting to get a little less comfortable in the waist but I did get some use out of it during the pregnancy so far.
Have you started to show?  There's no hiding that business!
Symptoms:  Squished internal organs.  Obviously there was the kidney stone over the weekend but when they did the ultrasound of my kidneys, they also looked at my bladder.  Which was completely squished by the baby's head.  His head is already really far down in my pelvic area already which explains the hip pain and frequent bathroom breaks.

Each week it gets harder and harder to reach anything below my waist....putting shoes and socks on is a chore.  Trying to reach something on the floor?  Ha!  Feeding the cats has become a challenge.  One that those fur balls have no patience for.  Reaching into our dryer when doing laundry isn't so much fun.  The door opens down, meaning I have to reach over it to get to the clothes.  Even reaching over my head is a challenge now.  I tried to reach into the cabinet above our microwave and darn near turned on the stove burners with my belly when it ran into the knobs.  I tend to forget where my belly is in space and run into things with it.  Poor baby boy!
Activity:  After the weekend adventure, my energy has been drained.  Between just being 7 months pregnant and then not getting much sleep over the weekend, I've been pretty useless.  Hopefully I can catch up on some sleep and I'll start to feel a little better.
Best moment this week:  It was a pretty rough week but there was a bright spot.  My co-workers threw me a beautiful baby shower.  They even catered to my love of strawberries by having a big bowl of sliced strawberry goodness for dessert...along with cupcakes...and candy.  Yum.  It was a wonderful break in the middle of our work day.  And it's so nice that my company is so excited and supportive!
Miss anything?  Feeling human?  Feeling like I'm in control of my body?  Right now, neither of those things are happening!  It's all worth it but I will certainly welcome not feeling like my body has been invaded by an alien.  :)
Movement:  Dude is running out of space so his movements are impossible to ignore.  There have been a few jabs that have made me stop in my tracks.  During my hospital stay, when they would monitor him, I could not only see and feel his movements but also hear them through the monitor.  So bizarre yet wonderful at the same time.
Food cravings:  There weren't any cravings for fish that's for sure.  I only ate a couple spoon fulls of strawberries at the work shower.  My appetite comes and goes.  Sometimes I'm ready to chew my own arm off I'm so hungry.  Then there are meals I have to make myself eat.  And then there are times when I start to eat because I'm hungry only to feel full really quickly because the baby is putting the squeeze on my stomach.  Such a strange experience!  I'm trying to roll with it though! 
Gender:  Baby Boy!
Looking forward to:  The Pilot's side of the family is throwing me a shower this weekend.  While it will mean a 4-hour round trip road trip, it will be nice to see everyone.  Since they do live out of state, we don't see them as often.
Not looking forward to:  Not being able to see my feet?  The heat of summer that is on its way.   I won't lie, the lack of sleep which both The Pilot and I experienced over the weekend left us pretty zapped.  And that is scary because I just know that the sleepless nights once the baby arrives will be way worse.  It's going to be a challenge for sure!
Milestones:  He's the size of a pineapple now.  I'm not sure if that's with the top or not.  Life's greatest question right now.  Not really.  He's about 4 pounds already which is mind boggling to me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment