Monday, June 3, 2013

Still waddling

I got in a swampy 3-miler on Saturday.  It was nice to get out and get a decent workout in but it was hot and humid.  I've never liked either but now that I've got a built in furnace, also known as a baby, I overheat in a hurry.  I had to back off the pace for not just the heat but the baby is also taking up more space...and putting the squeeze on my lungs.  I've noticed I get winded a lot easier now too.  But, I'm still waddling along!  And 3 miles is better than none at all!

Between the 3-miler and my first baby shower on Saturday, I was pretty much useless on Sunday.  I was exhausted.  I managed to get the laundry done and we went to the grocery and picked up a Craigslist purchase but there was a lot of sitting around in between.  I was in bed by 8:30.  I've struggled with sleep more than ever over the last several nights because my hips and other joints are crazy achy.  I went to bed early with hopes that between the multiple times I knew I'd wake up, I'd collectively get a decent amount of sleep.  Not so much.  I even tried some yoga stretches and still no relief.

So today, between the horrible sleep, unrelenting hip pain, and a crazy tight abdomen, I had to take a sick day.  Sigh.  I can't sit in one position for more than a couple minutes so I knew sitting at my desk at work all day was not realistic.  I did call the doctor's office just to make sure there wasn't anything else I could do...and to make sure everything sounded ok.  While the nurse was super sweet, the scoop is....suck it up buttercup and welcome to the third trimester! :P  One reassuring sign was that baby boy is doing jumping jacks and as long as he's still bouncing around in there (and there aren't any other symptoms), all is well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment