Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Relay for Life 2011

So a million years ago, my family did Relay for Life. And I'm just now doing a blog post about it... oops. This was my 3rd year participating and again, it was a blast! My sister-in-law has been a volunteer and each year we seem to recruit more people for our team. The Pilot was even in town this year! We had so much fun spending time together and raising money for the American Cancer Society. My aunt, Julie, a cancer survivor, relayed with us this year. This is our family's way of paying it forward. It was also a chance for us to remember those that have lost their battles with cancer, include my grandma and Seth (my triathlon team's hero). We also celebrated those that are still with us, including Parker!

The Pilot made a video highlighting our 18 hours spent at the track. It was a "Lights, Camera, Cure" theme and many of the laps had movie or TV themes. Don't worry, I was NOT having a seizure during the Rocky themed lap. That's just how I run.

No comments:

Post a Comment