Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Adventures in Moving: Part 1

I packed up the last remaining items from our condo on Friday.  This included moving 2 very confused cats to my parents' house for the day.

"Why is my bed in the middle of the living room?"

"And where in the h- did all of the furniture go?  
I only like to throw up on the couch and on your favorite Ikea chair but those aren't here anymore.  
I guess I'll eat some packing tape and throw it up on the carpet instead."

The other cat is noticeably absent.  She has spent much of the moving-out process hiding behind the furnace in the condo.  That is until it came time to move her to my parents' house while I was closing on the condo and the new house.  She went all Exorcist on me when I tried to put her in the carrier.  I ended up bleeding and she nearly lost all of her fur from stress.  You can bet I was cursing The Pilot's schedule right in that moment.  I really could have used some back up. 

But, me, the cats and all of our few remaining belongings made it to my parents' house to kill time before the closings.  I even had time to clean myself up so I didn't go strolling into a major business transaction looking like a crazy cat lady.  You know the look, scratches up my arm and my clothing covered in cat hair.

1 comment:

  1. I swear I think moving is the hardest on the cats. My cats ususally hide under the bed for at least a week, every time we move

    http://2bestfriendschubbyroadtoskinny.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete