Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Strikethrough and Stress!

Sweet Jesus!  Blogger now has a strikethrough option so I don't have to Google the html code for those times when I want to be extra dramatic and say something but then do strikethrough so it's like I never said it.  Ummm...yeah.  Moving on.

I know I've kinda fallen off the blog wagon but there has been all kinds of insanity around here.  Some bad, some sad and some darn exciting but naturally it's all happening at once and causing mass stress.  I'll fill you in once it all passes....until then I don't want to jinx any of it, good or bad.

In the meantime, I am still attempting to train for a triathlon.  I have recently accepted that this isn't going to be my best performance.  My heart just isn't in it and while I am training, I'm certainly not training enough to make race day something to cheer about.  I won't drown or anything traumatizing like that, it's just going to be a so-so race day.  And I'm ok with that.  You can't expect great results unless you at least put in great effort.  And besides, I am doing that race with Team in Training so the real reason to race is a lot bigger than myself.  The reason is to find a cure for cancer.  Because it sucks.

I got in a 21 mile ride with my team on Sunday.  It was a decent ride and my pace wasn't absolutely horrible (12.88 mph average...which I know is slow but it definitely isn't the worst ride I've ever had.).  I actually saw 20 mph at one point but during the last 3 miles, I felt like I was riding into a hurricane.  It was windy!  I think this may be the reason I enjoy spinning classes so much.  I'm only dealing with my own ability (or lack of) and I'm not also fighting mother nature and her fury.  :)

It was a fun ride though.  I got to spin out some stress but I also got to hang with this girlie for parts of the ride (when she wasn't dropping me on the uphills):
There's Lisa looking all cute out in the no man's land also known as the far west side of Columbus.  This will be her first triathlon and I'm so proud of her!  She went from barely making it 1 length of the pool (25 yards) to swimming 1600 yards non-stop the other night.  She's also a complete bada$$ on the bike.  And of course she's a rock star runner.  She's going to smoke me during the triathlon and I'm so excited about that!!

So while this triathlon certainly isn't going to be an "A" race for me, I have my sights on two other races later this year.  Once some of the insanity passes and I evaluate the time I have to train, I'll fill you in on my plans.  :)



1 comment:

  1. I wish I had a training team to train with for my sprint triathlon I've got coming up later this summer. It's so hard to train alone. And I HATE biking when it's super windy... it's so much harder!

    ReplyDelete