Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Week 33

Week 33

How far along? 33 weeks
Maternity clothes?  Yeay for hand-me-downs!  The Pilot's cousin (in law) passed along a few things from her pregnancy last year.  It's been nice to have a few more comfy pieces to pull into the rotation!
Have you started to show?  I'm feeling rather....round.
Symptoms:  I've never been all that graceful but my clumsiness has hit an all time high lately.  I drop things.  I bump into things.  I lose my balance and kind of wobble but, like a weeble, I don't fall down.  Thank goodness because I'd be stuck on the floor for sure.  Why I continue to sit on the floor from time to time is beyond me.  It's SO difficult to get back up.  But the cats love them some head scratches and they are close to the floor.  I need to work on getting them to come to my level instead.  I also sat on the floor while putting together a baby seat...and then sat there and stared at the completed baby seat pondering how I was going to get off the floor.
Activity:  There was the hissy fit inducing walk around the block over the weekend and then some "swimming" on Monday.  There were also a million errands to run over the weekend that left me overheated and exhausted when I returned.  I'm not exaggerating.  I came home, dropped my bags on the floor, pulled my shoes and socks off, put my feet on the air conditioning vent and then dozed off on the couch for a little while. 
Best moment this week:  Getting a hug from The Pilot after being apart for 5 days.  That was a loooong stretch but should be the last long trip before the baby arrives.  He requested to only work 1- and 2-day trips from now until my due date.  Fingers crossed I go into labor when he's home!
Miss anything?  Still missing my bike a lot.  My old body....I've never been so thankful for my formerly doughy self.  I'll never take it for granted again...hopefully I will at least regain that!  The other night I commented to The Pilot that I look forward to being able to just flop into bed and be automatically comfortable...or laying on my stomach.  Arranging a million pillows to support my numerous achy body parts is a chore.  So is rolling over with said pillows.  And getting up out of the bed requires some feats of strength.
Movement:  I thought for sure the movements would have slowed down by now (the doctor warned me about this since he's big and running out of space) but not so much.  His kicks and jabs are as strong as ever.  And now, when he rolls over, my entire belly moves.  Still the most bizarre thing I have ever felt or seen.  And it's still just as amusing.  I almost always start laughing when I look down and see something rolling around.  If The Pilot also witnesses it?  I find this even more hysterical.  I can't explain it. 
Food cravings:  I had some itty bitty strawberries...the last of the season from the local farmer's market.  Boo.  I randomly wanted Velveeta salsa dip the other day but luckily we don't typically keep processed cheese in the house.  We'll see if I can keep that craving at bay.  I did succumb to a Pop Tart craving....a couple times over.  Darn it!  I've also eaten a pound of carrots this week.  Hopefully I don't turn orange.
Gender:  Each week I get more and more excited to meet the little man.  The waiting recently made me think of being a kid and going to my grandparents' house on Christmas Eve.  There were always presents under the tree from my grandparents as well as from my aunts and uncles but we couldn't open anything until after dinner.  I used to be under foot in the kitchen while my grandma made dinner and would whine that I "couldn't waaaaait to open presents".  Grandma would just smile at me and say "well, you are just going to haaaave to."  This is like Christmas times ten.
Looking forward to:  Being able to tie my own shoes.  I actually had The Pilot tie my shoes for me the other day.  I can still do it...it's just uncomfortable and slow.  We needed to leave and he was standing there.  Such a good sport.  I also randomly thought about giving our baby zerberts again.  :)  And of course there is that "new baby" smell.  I'm not talking about the "baby just filled his diaper" smell but the"oh my gosh the world hasn't tainted you yet, fresh and clean" smell. 
Not looking forward to:  I feel like it is a matter of time before I get stuck in bed like a turtle on its back.  Luckily The Pilot will be home more nights from now until little man arrives but there are still a few nights I'll be on my own...someone check on me if you haven't heard from me in a day or two.  :P
Milestones: Teaching baby boy about the great works of U2?  Via singing to him in the car while stuck in traffic.  He's been exposed to many of U2's greatest hits (in my opinion) in the last week.  Hopefully he appreciates his parents' taste in music when he is forced to listen once outside of my body.  If not, we may disown him.  I kid.  Sort of. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment