Tuesday, July 30, 2013

A Letter to The Pilot: Year 2

Dear Pilot,

Two years ago today I wrote you a letter.  I've referred to that day as the "first day of my life" and we even used a song to commemorate that.    It was our wedding day.  And while there have been countless special moments we've shared since that day, it remains one of my favorites simply because it was the day we made it official to be partners in crime until the end.  And man have we had fun in the last two years!

I wrote you another letter on this day last year exclaiming that I loved you even more a year after our wedding than I did on our wedding day.  And here we are a year later.  I never imagined it possible but another year into our marriage, my love for you has grown even more.  Of course there have been ups and downs, but with you by my side, I feel like we can conquer anything.

This anniversary is extra exciting as we have gone from a family of two to a family of three.  Before I met you, I was fairly certain I didn't want a child but now, I cannot imagine our lives any differently.  You've given me something I didn't even know I wanted.  Seeing you as not just a husband but a dad has been amazing.  I knew you would be a great dad but seeing you in action has me awestruck.  Thank you for taking such great care of me and our son!

Happy 2nd Anniversary.  I love you.

The Wife

No comments:

Post a Comment