Monday, July 30, 2012

A Letter to The Pilot: Year 1


Dear Pilot,

One year ago today I posted this letter to you.  It was our wedding day.  A year ago I couldn’t believe that it was already wedding day after such a whirlwind engagement.  A year ago I couldn’t believe that I had found someone who was both the best friend and best partner in crime that I could have ever dreamed of.  A year ago I was head over heels in love with you and was so excited to become your wife.

And now, a year later, I can still hardly believe I found you.  I can hardly believe that I am your wife.  It seems so surreal!   A year later I am even more in love with you now than I was on our wedding day.  I feel like I’m still getting to know you and it’s always exciting.  I might not always show it but I strive to be the best person, the best wife I can possibly be because of you.  You always inspire me, make me laugh and help me to slow down and enjoy the moments that happen while life is speeding by.  And I’m so glad because we have had so many moments together over the last year.  We spend a lot of time apart but those moments we do spend together are the most precious to me.  Absence really does make the heart grow fonder.

I might not be wearing the fancy dress this year but I’m still the one with the biggest smile.

Happy 1st Anniversary.  I love you.

The Wife

No comments:

Post a Comment