Thursday, June 2, 2011

Nom Nom Continued

So I was pretty pumped that after lunch today I had only consumed 730 calories for the day. Much better than my last swim day calorie count. It's 8:45 pm and I'm at 1532! Booya for not getting completely derailed by hunger on a swim day. It was a decent workout (1500 yards) even though my arms felt like I was learning to swim all over again. That Mud Run is still fresh in my muscle memory.

Anyhoodles....here's the food low down for today:

5:30 am
Light/whole grain English Muffin with Olivio spread (180)

7:30 am
Muscle Milk Light-Chocolate (100) - I've never had anything like this before and while it certainly wasn't a chocolate milk substitute, I was able to get it down without gagging.

8:30 am
Medium Orange (75)
Medium Apple (100)

12:30 pm
Select Harvest Light-Southwestern-Style Vegetable Soup (25) - This was gross. It advertises only 50 calories on the package but when you look at the label, there are 2 servings in the microwavable container. Stupid. Anyways, it was gross so I only ate about 1/4 of it.
Carrots (50)
Reduced Fat Cottage Cheese (100)
Organic/no sugar added applesauce (100)

4:00 pm
Special K Cereal Bar (90) - I was get crazy hungry and sleepy by this time and I had to force myself to not have a Coke.

5:30 pm
Luna Burger with provolone cheese on a sandwich thin (340)
Potato Salad (250) - Yikes!
Salad (green leaf lettuce, feta cheese, carrots, 1 tbs dressing) (77)

I have to proclaim my love for Luna Burgers! They are veggie burgers made here in Ohio with Ohio ingredients. The Pilot is a vegetarian but I am not. He's opened my eyes and tastebuds to some yummy (and some not so yummy) things. I don't like to cook so I can't complain what's for dinner when The Pilot has it waiting for me when I walk in the door. Yes, sometimes that makes up for the nights when I have to eat on my own. Anyways, he made me try these burgers and I love them. My favorite are the Garden Thyme burgers.

I'm hoping to stay out of the kitchen for the rest of the night but I still have to pack for my trip to San Diego tomorrow so it might be a late night. Hunger might strike if I stay up too late. We'll see how that goes....oh wait... A wildberry fruit strip (45)

I'm going to be off the grid until Tuesday as I head to San Diego to coach the Rock 'n Roll Marathon for Team in Training. I've never been to the city and I always have an amazing time when I get to coach a large race like this. Our local Team in Training chapter is taking 8 people that have raised a boatload of money for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I'll have a full report next week.

2 comments:

  1. I agree on the soup...there's something off about the taste in a few of the Select Harvest Light soups. I think I've narrowed it down to the onions they include. Progresso makes a great Light Southwest Vegetable for only 120 calories a can.

    Safe travels! I'll be on the lookout for the light-up stars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by this week! Have a great weekend in San Diego. That was my very first TNT event 6 years ago. If you see the Minnesota Team around those are my peeps! Go Team!!!

    ReplyDelete