Wednesday, December 14, 2011

More bad luck

So I blogged about brown fat on Saturday before my long run. I mentioned that I'd let you know if I was thinner when I was done. I'm actually 5 pounds lighter than I was on Saturday morning. Unfortunately, running in the cold was not the reason.

I came down with a nasty stomach bug on Saturday night and tonight-WEDNESDAY- was my first real meal since dinner on Saturday. I haven't had much other than saltines, soup, rice, Sprite and some other random nibbles. Bleh.

Like that wasn't enough, yesterday afternoon, I slipped in a parking lot and rolled my ankle. It hurt but I kept moving. It wasn't until about 5 hours later that the pain in my ankle/foot was radiating up my leg. I was convinced that I broke my foot but it was really late and there wasn't much I could do about it. Luckily when I got up this morning, I was able to wiggle my toes and it wasn't swollen. It's pretty sore and bruised but I'm telling myself it's just a sprain. It's not like I was up for running or any other workouts while I've been living off crackers for 4 days anyways. Sigh.

The good news? I made it 11 miles on Saturday morning (post about that adventure coming soon) and I'm finally over my sinus infection and cold.

It's been an terrible week all around. My mood and attitude are at a low and I'm just trying to regroup, focus on the fact that The Pilot will be home for the weekend, we get to spend lots of time with different family all weekend and with any luck, I'll be able to run 12 on Saturday.

I'm not holding my breath on that last one. If the ankle isn't feeling it, I'm not going to push it. I've gotten an 11 miler in, which is plenty of distance to get through a 1/2 marathon. I just really wanted a couple 10-12 milers before the race so I can teach my mind and body that I really can run past 10 miles. I just keep reminding myself that there are still a couple weeks left until race day and it's plenty of time to get back to 100% and have a great race.

2 comments:

  1. I've been under the weather as well. Totally a bummer. Wishing you the best with the ankle and feel better lovely lady =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ack! So sorry to hear about your week. Hopefully you got it all out of your system now...better this week than the next two coming up.

    The most brutal diet ever, but I credit a stomach flu for taking the last 5 lbs of baby weight off me a couple years ago. Those suckers weren't budging otherwise, hehe.

    You've got plenty of base training and experience. I wouldn't fret over the shortened training runs. Let's keep you healthy, and you're going to do great!

    ReplyDelete