Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Week 15

15 weeks

How far along? 15 Weeks  
Maternity clothes?  I wore my first pair of maternity jeans on Sunday.  They were a little big but they were so much more comfortable that my regular jeans with the belly band.  Hello for jeans feeling like yoga pants!  Now if only I could find pants for work that don't look like they are from 1970.  I've been to 2 used stores and struck out at both locations.  I think I'll have to suck it up and purchase new work pants at a real maternity store.  Blah.  I really don't want to spend the money but at the same time, if I can find work pants that look like nice work pants but FEEL like yoga pants, I might pay any amount.  And at this rate, I might give away my prized possessions if I could find a bra that fits but that's another story also.
Have you started to show yet:  It depends on what I'm wearing.  I think I look smaller in this week's picture than I did last week.  It also depends on the day.  Sometimes it looks a lot more obvious.  Also, as the day progresses, I swear I get bigger.  Morning time, not so big.   End of the day?  I feel very round.
 Symptoms: Heartburn, sore hips, crazy low back pain and a couple random nose bleeds.  That's fun.
 Activity:  I'm still struggling with this.  I got in that one lame workout and that's in.  :(  Part of the problem?  I don't have any races on the calendar.  When I'm not training for a race, I tend to fall off the wagon.  I might have to make up a race and schedule my workouts so I'm "forced" to get back at it.  A co-worker said she's train and do a "fake" race with me.  I may just have to take her up on that.
 Best moment this week: Realizing I have something the size of a naval orange....on the other side of my naval.  I'm easily amused.  According to the internet, baby is about 4 inches long and about the size of a naval orange.  We also went to a cloth diapering class that was great.  I think we are going to give it a try!  Spending $1500 vs. $4500 from birth to potty training sounds pretty smart to me.  
Miss Anything?  Sleep....I've had some CRAZY dreams this week that have woken me up.  I also miss being able to go more than an hour between trips to pee.  This is proving extra challenging this week as I am traveling for work and forced to sit through crazy long meetings...meetings in which I'm supposed to be taking the notes.  It's hard to take notes from the bathroom.
 Movement: Not that I've noticed.  
Food cravings: Luckily some healthier things have come back to my radar.  We were in Whole Foods on Saturday intending to pick up one thing...until I got sight of the produce and then I NEEDED every fresh fruit in the place.  $60 later we had a obscene amount of fruit for 2 people.  It was a carb heavy dinner that night.  I also ate my weight in strawberries on Monday night.  That's better than eating my weight in salt and vinegar potato chips I supposed.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nothing specific but I will get some random wave of nausea.  Luckily it usually passes quickly.  
Gender:  Don't know yet...should find out in April though.    
Looking forward to:  Feeling the baby move, finding pants that fit and I can wear to work!  Finding a sports bra that fits so I don't have a "containment failure" as The Pilot would say.
What I am NOT looking forward to: Growing more and more uncomfortable.  I'm already not sleeping through the night because of random aches and trips to the bathroom.    
Milestones: We picked a day care....probably one of the hardest decisions we've had to make since we found out I was pregnant.  Of course you don't want to spend an arm and a leg but you also don't want to leave your kid with someone not so great just because it's cheaper.  Except for one day a week...we opted for some free child care.  My mom.  Luckily she works for hugs and baby kisses.  And my brother and I are productive members of society so I trust her.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment