Monday, March 4, 2013

March Miracle

A March Miracle occurred on Saturday.  Not only did I get in 5 miles but I also made it through those 5 miles without having to stop to pee.  Considering how often I have to pee lately and the fact that it was about 27 degrees, this was a miracle (Ever used a porta-potty when it's that cold?  Not pleasant).

The Pilot joined me and we intended to meet up with some of my friends but I remembered the location wrong and went to the wrong metro park.  Oops.  I'm finding myself making mistakes like that more often and I hate it!!  Pregnancy brain is real, people. 

Despite not seeing my friends, it was still a nice morning for a walk with the hubby.  Our plan was to walk maybe a mile or so out and then come back to make a pass by the porta-potty if needed.  As we headed out though, I was afraid I would wimp out and want to go to the car if we circled back.  I didn't have to pee so we kept going.

Snow flurries throughout the workout.

I reevaluated as we got close to 2 miles.  Before we started I told The Pilot that I'd like to get at least 4 miles in and that if 5 miles seemed feasible, I'd be even more happy.  So as I realized baby wasn't forcing a bathroom stop, we kept going.  And I'm so glad we did because not only did we cross paths with my awesome friend Krista, but I also saw one of my best friends' mama!  She did her first 1/2 marathon and in the fall and is training for her first full.  So excited for her!  She has a GREAT walk form also.  She's training with a local race walking group and as this coach can vouch, they are teaching her well! :)

I felt great until about 3 miles and then my lower back started to hurt.  It's been bothering me for weeks now.  But with only a mile to go, every time I stepped on my left foot, it would shoot pain to my lower back.  I've tried some exercises I found for prego ladies but those aren't helping.  I've reserved a couple pre-natal yoga videos from the library so I'm hoping that will help.  I really don't want to have medical intervention for that but at the same time, it seems to be getting worse.

Anyways, we did in deed get in 5 solid miles!  And to make me even happier, it wasn't all that slow.  The Garmin was barely alive (the cold zapped the battery) but it looked like we were in the 15:00-16:00 pace throughout.  That was reassuring that I haven't "lost it."

I swear I wasn't about to rob a bank, just trying to warm up as we got started!

No comments:

Post a Comment