Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Week 25


Week 25

How far along?  25 weeks
Maternity Clothes?  Like my new Where's Waldo t-shirt?  I'm not normally one for stripes but an awful lot of prego clothes come in stripes.  I don't get it.  I did find a couple deals last weekend (thanks Rachel for the heads up about ON Polaris!) on a few more pieces.
Have you started to show yet?  Um....look above.  Unlike Waldo, it's pretty obvious.
Symptoms:  Loss of filter?  The more pregnant I get, the more I seem to lose my filter.  I think this goes along with that road rage I mentioned previously.  Don't waste my time, cut me off in traffic or otherwise get in my way.  I will tell you (or gesture) how I feel about it because my filter is gone.  I'm starting to sound like my slightly senile grandma.  Whatever.  Honey badger don't care.
Activity: Blah...does work count?  I worked an event over the weekend (my last before maternity leave!) which wore me out.  I did attempt to help The Pilot with some yard work on Sunday.  During the late winter storms, our trees in the backyard seemed to explode little sticks all over the yard.  The Pilot had tossed most of them into piles and I figured I'd just pick them up and thrown them in the yard waste cans.  After about 30-45 minutes, I was exhausted.  So much so that I fell asleep while eating lunch on the couch not long after.  I then suffered the consequences on Monday.  Excruciating pain in my back that made it difficult to sit...or stand up.  I could barely get out of the car.  :(  Luckily after crying to my mom over the phone, some ice and sleep, I was feeling a little better on Tuesday.  It's hard not being able to do what I want...especially when I feel fine.  It's not like when you are sick and feel awful.  I feel fine until I actually go to DO something.  Doesn't seem like there should be any reason why I can't pick up sticks out of the yard!  But baby says no.
Best moment this week: An attendee at my work event over the weekend pointed at my belly and asked "What is THAT?!" while smiling (I hadn't seen her since the last event which was last fall).  I responded that it was my lunch. :)  It was pretty funny.  Getting even closer to picking a name.
Miss anything?  Roller coasters.  I just realized that I won't be able to ride any roller coasters this summer.  I am a huge fan of roller coasters (I even wanted to design them until I realized I wasn't smart enough...math/science are NOT a talent I have)!  So much so that I've almost always attended opening day or pretty darn close to it when Cedar Point has a new coaster.  And naturally this summer they have a new coaster opening.  I don't have any plans to visit any amusement parks this summer (way too hot and pregnant for that!) so luckily I won't have to SEE the great rides and be stuck on the ground.  I am looking forward to our trip to Disney later this fall though.  Hopefully baby doesn't mind being left sitting in the shade with grandma while I get in a little scream therapy on Space Mountain and Everest.
Movement:  Baby boy goes nuts still right after meals and anytime I'm in the car.  I'm feeling it on the outside more now.  I think The Pilot even felt one nudge the other day.  I think baby is messing with us because it seems like every time I grab The Pilot's hand to put on my stomach, baby stops moving.
Food cravings: Give me all the strawberries in the world and no one gets hurt.
Gender: He's a he!  I'm starting to get more and more used to the idea that we will be raising a boy.   I did decide that if he takes up sports, The Pilot and I will be watching You Tube videos after he's asleep so we can learn up on that kind of stuff.  Or have my brother or nephew teach him. :) Unless he turns out to be artistic/creative or into aviation, The Pilot and I might be a little lost.
Looking forward to:  I wrote this post about being a little nervous about being a mom but then the other day I thought of something I cannot wait to do once little man is here.  Baby zerberts.  There is nothing funnier than giving a baby a zerbert on their belly or cheek and making them laugh.  I used to do this to my niece and nephew when they were babies.  Here are pictures of my niece about 6 years ago (holy crap!) going in for the zerbert on my cheek.  I LOVE this and have a copy of the "contact" photo on my desk.

Not looking forward to: Why oh why does it already seem so hot?  It's only May.  I feel like my skin is on fire most afternoons...I cannot begin to imagine what it's going to be like in July/August.  I've already started to notice that my digits start to get puffy as the temperature increases.  It's going to be a sad day if I can't wear my wedding rings anymore.  I might have to go buy a cheapo band to wear if that happens.  If my loss of filter is like my grandma, then my overheating problem makes me sound like my mother who is the queen of stating things like "Is it HOT in here??" and "It's Sea World hot out there" (inside joke about an ill-fated 106 degree day at Sea World Texas) or my favorite, "Holy sh&$ it's hot."  Now you know where I get my flare for the drama and classiness from.  Love her.
Milestones:  Cauliflower?  Baby is the size of a head of cauliflower.  OK then.  hehe  I also go in for my glucose test soon so there's that.  Let's hope I pass?   The Bump.com keeps reminding me to take a babymoon with The Pilot.  Does driving up to Cleveland to cheer for a friend's 100th marathon count?  No?  Hey Pilot, get on planning that babymoon. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment