Tuesday, April 19, 2011

3 miles out of balance

So I'm on a streak and it's starting to resemble an athlete in training. I met up with some TNT alumni for a run tonight. It stormed all day and was pretty ugly outside but we still went and I'm glad I did. No rain, just lots of humidity!

There were only three of us and they are both much faster but I kept up for a little while before they pulled away. I ran 1.25 mi before I took a .25 mi walk/water break. I tried to focus on staying faster than a 15 minute/mi walk pace so that I wouldn't lose too much momentum. Starting to run after even just a short walk break can be a challenge. Especially since it's been awhile since I've run consistently. I started up again but I was struggling on my way back and really wanted to walk the rest of the way back but with .75 mi to go, the TNT friends had caught back up to me and offered to run back with me. I told them to make me run the whole way....and they did....and I did. They even got me to talk while running! They asked about the wedding so of course I had to fill them in! They got in their 4 miles and I got in my 3 miles.

But I made it back so I ended up running a total of 2.75 miles and walking just .25 mi. Not too bad considering how long its been since I've run consistently. It's also kind of frustrating to think I'm starting over since I was able to run 10 miles out of 13 in a 1/2 marathon in August.

After a wonderful phone call with a great friend (she's now doing 1/2 marathons and was looking for some advice!), I took a shower and was feeling great but then proceeded to randomly become completely overwhelmed by my life.

I don't think I'm balancing it all so well right the moment and that just annoys me. There aren't enough hours in the day, that kind of stuff. There aren't enough hours in the day that The Pilot and I can match up our schedules long enough to have share a phone call. There aren't enough hours in the day to work, train, coach, attend to my other responsibilities (hello, trying to nurture my relationship with The Pilot, plan a wedding, be a good friend, etc.) and get in the required amount of sleep I need to function. Grrr.

What do you do when you feel like your life is out of balance?

1 comment:

  1. I am pretty sure they've been lying to us all these years- there are definitely not 24 hours in a day!

    ReplyDelete