Monday, April 4, 2011

Day 24

Day 24 - A picture of something you wish you could change

I wish that all animals had a forever home. Cats and dogs and pocket pets were meant to be inside and loved on! I wish that there wasn't a need for the Humane Society or animal shelters. I wish that people would realize that when you buy/adopt a pet, it is a lifetime commitment. I don't understand when people move and leave behind a pet (which is where one of my kitties came from). I certainly don't understand people that physically harm animals but I won't even get into that.

All of my fur kids have come from the Capital Area Humane Society (and that is one of the charities that we are supporting in honor of our wedding guests!). I am glad that shelters exist and that there are amazing, selfless people in the world that are willing to help take care of these animals and help them to find their forever homes....I just wish there could be change in the world so that shelters weren't needed!

The Pilot and I took my niece and nephew to the Humane Society right before Christmas to make a donation in their parents' names instead of giving them a gift. We took some pictures and gave a little scrapbook to my brother and his wife.







No comments:

Post a Comment