This 30-day challenge has been making the rounds around the blog world but I "borrowed" the idea from Brittney over at Life in a Holding Pattern. (I'm about to be a "pilot's wife," which is not an easy lifestyle so I've already found lots of support in bloggy land!)
This is the challenge: I'll be posting (or trying to at least) pictures each day with a story about each picture. Here's how it will go:
Day 01 - A picture of yourself with ten facts
Day 02 - A picture of you and the person you have been closest with the longest
Day 03 - A picture of the cast from your favorite show
Day 04 - A picture of your night
Day 05 - A picture of your favorite memory
Day 06 - A picture of a person you'd love to trade places with for a day
Day 07 - A picture of your most treasured item
Day 08 - A picture that makes you laugh
Day 09 - A picture of the person who has gotten you through the most
Day 10 - A picture of the person you do the most ****** up things with
Day 11 - A picture of something you hate
Day 12 - A picture of something you love
Day 13 - A picture of your favorite band or artist
Day 14 - A picture of someone you could never imagine your life without
Day 15 - A picture of something you want to do before you die
Day 16 - A picture of someone who inspires you
Day 17 - A picture of something that has made a huge impact on your life recently
Day 18 - A picture of your biggest insecurity
Day 19 - A picture and a letter
Day 20 - A picture of somewhere you'd love to travel
Day 21 - A picture of something you wish you could forget
Day 22 - A picture of something you wish you were better at
Day 23 - A picture of your favorite book
Day 24 - A picture of something you wish you could change
Day 25 - A picture of your day
Day 26 - A picture of something that means a lot to you
Day 27 - A picture of yourself and a family member
Day 28 - A picture of something you're afraid of
Day 29 - A picture that can always make you smile
Day 30 - A picture of someone you miss
Today is Day 1 and here is my picture and some random facts.
- This picture was taken in the fall of 2009 (old, I know). My brother, his wife and I had pictures taken with us and their kids to give to my parents for Christmas. I don't know that we will ever be able to top that gift because I think both my mom and dad got a little teary eyed.
- I hate lima beans. So does my grandpa which I find humorous because he will eat just about anything else.
- I am NOT the slowest marathoner ever. These guys are.
- Even though it's completely irrational, I am terrified of fish. They give me the heebie jeebies.
- Kids terrify me also. They are unpredictable, sticky and smelly (kind of like fish when I think about it...). But, I love my niece and nephew to pieces, literally. If either of them needed one of my limbs, I would give it to them.
- I don't care that it's not 1992 anymore. I still believe that Pearl Jam is the greatest band EVER.
- I feel guilty about making my best friends in the whole world wear fuchsia bridesmaid dresses. I can't help that I love the color though and realize that this may have been a bridezilla move. :)
- The only time I drink milk is when I'm dunking cookies or eating cereal.
- I cannot function without a paper calendar (old school!), check lists or sticky notes. I know this makes me sound compulsive but if you've ever traveled with me, you'll know I don't forget anything!
- I am head over heels in love with my best friend. At first glance we don't have much in common but it works. And in July, I will get to marry my best friend and I cannot wait to become his wife!