Sunday, March 20, 2011

Spin Cycle

I made it through 60 minutes of spinning without any knee pain! I was so excited. Of course it was still crazy hard (hello, jumps!) but I kept more resistance on my bike than last week and that seemed to do the trick. I think that was our last indoor session since the weather is getting better. It's time to get outside!

I recently got my bike tuned up and had the front derailleur cables replaced and I bought new pedals on Friday. I haven't put them on yet. I'm a little reluctant since I still seem to be awkward at getting the new shoes into the pedals on the spinning bike. I recently bought new shoes with a different type of cleat so I could use them on the spinning bikes but now I need to put compatible pedals on my road bike. I think I'll just need to go for it, put the pedals on and practice getting clipped in....possibly in a grass field....or at the very least, it a flat, open space so when I can't get clipped in, I can coast along or stopped quickly if I need to.

I'm sure this post will make my mom feel very confident in my cycling abilities. (Insert sarcasm). She seems to be concerned that I'll get some road rash on my face (or upper body in general) since the triathlon is just a couple weeks before the wedding. It will be a great story that's for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment