Sunday, April 7, 2013

Back in action

I finally had a more active week.  On Wednesday, this happened:
 30 minute run/walk on the treadmill

15 minutes on the stationary bike (yes, our basement is currently storage for everything including the kitchen sick...we are in the midst of a kitchen remodel)


It felt great to get my sweat on!

And then on Saturday morning, The Pilot and I met up with these lovely ladies.  I don't think The Pilot minds being the only dude to show up at these group workouts.  :)

The Pilot and I did a run/walk combo for 3 miles.  It was really cold out and between that and the running, I had to pee the entire time.  :(  I would have liked to go a a little further but by the end of 3 miles, I had to walk because every time I ran, I had to pee.  I have a feeling my days going on an out and back course are coming to an end.  I think if I am going to be out on the roads/trails, I'll have to do short loops (which I hate) so that I'm circling back near a bathroom.  Boo.  That sort of puts a damper on things.  But I'll take it!  At least right now I'm still able to run/walk/shuffle!

 I might be visiting a lot more of these as this baby gets bigger!

After this post, my co-worker suggested we train for a virtual race so that we would both have a goal to work towards to keep us moving but we wouldn't be out any money in the event I'm just not able to keep as active as my belly gets bigger.

I loved the idea!  So we decided on the 10k distance.  It will take a little effort/training on my part but also, she's never done a 10k before.  It's a win win!  We decided on June 8 for this virtual race.  I'll post more information later in case anyone is interested in "joining" us.  :)

1 comment:

  1. It was so great seeing you on Saturday!! Thanks, Pilot, for taking the picture. :) And the great hug!! :)

    Meg

    ReplyDelete