Saturday, April 20, 2013

No Leaves...just swans

After getting rained out on Monday, I finally was able to get some fresh air.  My 4 miler on Saturday morning was just what I needed.  It was cold but the sun was out and I spent much of the 4 miles on my own...or at least just me and Megatron/Baby but he doesn't say much. 

I met up with a "new" group this time though there were some familiar faces in the crowd.  Including these lovely ladies who just happened to roll up wearing the same shirts.  :)  Nerds.



I did a run/walk combo almost all the way until mile 3 when I swear that baby must have had a foot pushing on my bladder.  Still a mile from my starting point, wearing a bright yellow shirt in a suburban area, in the spring with hardly much tree cover.  Peeing in the bushes was not an option...though one I probably would have taken had there been more leaves on the trees to hide me.  I just know Lisa is smiling about that because she still can't believe as long as I've been marathoning, that I've never had to pee outside.  :P

Anyways...I was forced to walk the rest of the way back but it was still a great workout.  It was nice to have some quiet time to myself.  And because all I could think about was how badly I needed to pee, my brain didn't even wander.  Sometimes its nice to empty the brain!  It's like a reset button.

I did have a brief startle when I passed a pond and a swan was trying to fly away.  From the noise, I thought it was coming at me.  It wasn't.  Though I did snap it's picture when I circled back around.  Because that's what you do when you are slow.  You stop and take pictures of swans during workouts.


No comments:

Post a Comment