Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Week 21

Week 21

How far along? 21 weeks
Maternity Clothes?  I found another consignment shop in town that had some great things!  The other store I've been to twice now has a huge selection but everything in that selection must be from 1995 and has been worn by a mother of 10.  The tops are all out of style and faded.  Bleh.  I have gotten some pants and shorts though.  This new-to-me store had a much more limited selection however, just about everything was from the last couple of years.  I picked up 3 tops for less than $20...total.  :)
Have you started to show yet? No joke, The Pilot and I were standing in the lobby of the movie theater waiting to go in when I asked him if I looked pregnant or just fat.  Being the good husband that he is, he didn't even pause and said "Definitely pregnant, not fat."  Some days I feel fat and self conscious and other days I feel pregnant and I'm ok with that. 
Symptoms:  I didn't really notice anything new this week.  Still heartburn at night and the lower back pain, though this week was a little better which I contribute to the exercise, a pregnancy body pillow that is like having a 3rd person in bed, and a support belt that I wore around the house over the weekend.
Activity:  There were two really good workouts!  It's a start!  Yeay for getting off my butt!
Best moment this weekThe ultrasound....seeing something that actually looks like a baby was amazing.  I've never thought to much about miracles but conception/pregnancy has got to be the closest thing to a miracle I've ever witnessed!
Miss anything? Cycling.  The weather is finally warming up and I've seen a lot of cyclists out on the roads again.  And I miss it.  I would love to go for a bike ride but the belly won't let me get on a road bike, plus I've noticed a shift in my center of balance.  That and falling over while clipped into the pedals is always a risk.  So I'll be off the bike until next spring most likely.  I do have a recumbent stationary bike that I can use though so I hope to do that from time to time so I don't lose my bike legs completely...but I miss having the "wind in my hair (helmet)."
Movement:  This is getting more and more noticeable and consistent.  I notice the most movement right after I have eaten...and most recently, when I've laid down and I'm trying to sleep.  It still catches me off guard sometimes and it's very distracting.  How am I supposed to get back to work after lunch when I've got something jumping around in there??  I keep thinking I'll feel it from the outside but nothing yet. 
Food cravings:  My mom read my update last week and showed up on Saturday with a pound of strawberries.  I guess they were on sale so she got an extra carton.  The thing is, the day before, I asked The Pilot to get 2 cartons at the store since I ate last week's carton by myself.  So on Saturday, we had 3 pounds of strawberries in the house.  By Monday, there was only a pound left.  I'll leave it at that.
Anything making you queasy or sick?  Not really but I've noticed my appetite has waned.  Some days I just don't have an appetite and don't feel like eating (but I do anyways) and then other days, I want to eat everything in sight.  The Pilot and I met my parents for dinner the other night at a local pizza place that has a salad bar.  We ordered pizza, which was good, but for some reason the salad was the greatest thing I've ever eaten...and therefore I ate 2 large plates of salad while The Pilot tackled the pizza (and before you go thinking the salad was healthy, I doused it in dressing and croutons.  I've never found so much joy in croutons before that moment).
Gender:  We are 85-90% sure it's a boy...though a relative made me feel better for wanting another look because she was told a baby was a boy only to have a follow up ultrasound discover it was a girl.  And she did in fact have a (very cute!) girl.
Looking forward to:  Another ultrasound...hopefully baby isn't as modest as mama and will flash the goods a little more so I can be more convinced of the gender.  :)  Looking forward to a couple baby showers that are in the works.  I can't wait to see all my friends and family!
What I'm not looking forward to:  Waking up more and more in the middle of the night.  I know it's just preparation for after the baby comes but dang.  Between trips to the bathroom and being uncomfortable, I'm not getting much uninterrupted sleep.  I think this is the only thing that has really surprised me so far.  I just didn't expect this so early on.  I thought this was 3rd trimester stuff!  And everyone keeps telling me it just gets worse.  Oh boy.
Milestones:  I'm now harboring a pomegranate.  Say what?  I don't know that I've ever seen a whole pomegranate before.


No comments:

Post a Comment